Monday, June 11, 2007

This one's for you.

Vacation was awesome. Not only was it a beautiful place but, I got to spend a whole week with my baby. I don't think that can be topped. Except for when he comes down here again and I don't have to tell him goodbye and leave him at an airport. The idea of that day becoming a reality seems like a dream. You understand, I'm sure, when you look forward to an event so much that you worry it wont come to pass, you can't do anything but dread all the 'what ifs' you brain feeds you every time you think of those future plans. I don't know how it is for other people, but I fear for things when I'm extremely exited about them. Always afraid something will come up that will spoil my plans. All I can say for this however, I know that I will do everything in my power to make things go smoothly, and pray continually. I know that the God that created this world, can take care of my life. I will put my faith in that.

I've had the rain on my mind a lot lately. I've always been fascinated with the meaning of rain to people through history. Most of our ancestors saw the rain as a reason to celebrate, a blessing to us all. I know most of us now and children hate the rain, they think of it as something that just gets in the way of their plans. Its raining now, as I think about these things. I personally love the rain, we've been in a bit of a drought here in NC, and I'm very happy to see it raining again. There have been lots of crop problems across the US due to the lack of rain, at a very critical time for the farmers. So much that we don't think of depends on rain. Its not just our fruits and veggies, our meat depends on it as well. Without the rain the farmers can't grow the feed to feet the cattle that give us milk and meat. I know a lot of local farmers after working at the farmers market in our city. I know of one farmer I had grown to be friends with, that grows only peaches. He lost his whole harvest this year due to the late frost. He now has no lively hood and is searching for small jobs around town to get him and his family through the year until they can try again next year. What a fickle lively hood, and we don't think anything about them. Support your local farmers, they mean a lot more to your everyday life than you think, and you mean a lot to their families. Try a farmers market if you have one in your town, something everyone should experience, the best produce you will ever have you will purchase there, I promise.

I guess I've had a little more on my mind than I thought, now that I've started. I've been wanting to write a poem, but just cant seem to get it out. I'm starting to think I was simply backed up with thoughts. Mostly, Wesley.. I can't help it, hopelessly in love? yea I think so. I've never thought I wanted to get married, or that I would find someone I would be so in love with. I suppose love even happens to us dorks. I couldn't be happier.

No comments: