Monday, May 18, 2009

Believing in someone else's future

I've had some conversations recently with a few of my friends, all along the same topic. I've been struggling with the "why's" of life, and also the "what"s. Why do things happen like they do and what am I supposed to do. As an "artist" so to say (writers are as much artists as painters or musicians are in my opinion) I often wonder what I am supposed to do with this life and talent of mine. To me it seems very worthless most of the time. The Green's gave me a bit of hope about all that and i suppose, to some end, that is why I am here. Back onto topic, however, I realized how hard it is to believe in your own abilities, and how easy it is to believe in the abilities of your friends and loved ones. I do not know if it is the same for everyone else, but it is much easier to look at someone else's life and see the value in their skills and their person, than it is to look at your own life and not see only flaws and failures. I cannot see the merit in my skills, but my friends do. I wish I could so that perhaps I could gain a shred of motivation from it.
I would like to hear your experience on the topic, do you run into the same problem?
This is a short blog and I'm sorry, just trying to get something out for the time being as my creative juices ruminate (why are they juices?)

No comments: