Monday, July 14, 2008

The End of an Age.

Both in my own life and in the life of the American society, I believe this year is the end of an age. Things are changing, some things for the better, some things for the worse. I'm trying to take all the new things in my life and turn them into something good. I'm still finding it hard to be self-motivated to write. I WANT to but sometimes I still find that little 'sigh' in the back of my head and wonder why I should bother. There is plenty of things I'd like to write. I want a job as a writer, or an editor, anything of the sort, however I find this thought incredibly scary. I am afraid I will not live up to the expectations of whoever hires me, or that I am out of practice to the point that I will get in over my head. This is an odd feeling for me. I've always believed nothing was too big of a challenge for me. I suppose its different than other challenges to me, because it's the one thing I've always wanted to do, so I have a great fear of failure. That's why the support of my friends means so much to me. I hope you will all cheer me on in my endeavors and keep an ear out for anyone in need of a writer, I mean I'm sure you hear of that predicament so often. Anyway, short post. I'm going back to working on my short story.

No comments: