Thursday, May 15, 2008

What?

I think I'm mentally challenged. I am completely unable to wade in the same stream of existence as the average American. There is something against my nature in being a self absorbed, immature narcissist. As many times as I hear "stop worrying about other people, just worry about yourself" I cannot do it. As many times as I tell myself "They would just as soon worry about you as grow a record breaking beard and join the circus." It strikes me, the more people I meet, that on a general basis the older people get the more narrow and small their little orb of concern becomes. "You didn't put a fork in my bag, fold it just right, hand it to me then ask me if I wanted your soul for supper? What a rude little child you are." Perhaps as we age the part of our cognitive reasoning that allows us to think of things in terms outside of our own selves slowly congeals into some putrid grey mush that oozes around the rest of our brains and eventually all together seeps out from our ears.
My mind has never seemed to operate in the way of, Hey I just spilled hot coffee on myself because I'm a clumsy moron so I'm going to sue the company that made my coffee hot; even though coffee is supposed to be hot and if it wasn't hot I would have complained for at least 15 minuets to the person behind the counter. Right, Ok, Excuse me, I don't know what to do with myself when I'm around people with this sort of mentality. Greed. Greed must be the #1 disease effecting the human race. Lets not get too far into it, but I'll just throw it out there. If it weren't for greed, on every imaginable level, our economy wouldn't be in the situation it is in now.
Take deep breaths between rants, lets work on this. Perhaps when I wake up tomorrow the world will return to a sunshiny place with summer flowers and giggling children. Who am I kidding. All it takes is a brief walk, one toe into reality and I'm running back for my bed sheets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

As with many others this post is full of pure truth and win, now I'll get back to worrying about myself so that I feel normal.