Friday, April 4, 2008

You lucky cats!

Two posts in a row, no lie. I felt need to somehow make up for the complete '5 year old' mentality of my last post. Its not as easy as one would think to rhyme Kentucky and make it some semblance of a cohesive thought. I mean come on, "yucky" and "sucky," one too many red bulls for the hyperactive mouse. I should probably cut her caffeine line and ship her off to rehab. Last two days have been pretty grey and rainy, as much as I love the rain, and the blessings that rain represents to us, I have to say that on my days off I can't help but wish for a little sun to enjoy. Not too much though just a sprinkling, heat headaches are no fun at all. Too bad "just right" never lasts long at all, its generally gobbled up by a metaphorical Goldy locks of some sort. If I were those three bears I would have to say I'd be pretty angry. Some random kid wandering into my house, eating my food, sleeping in my bed. Old stories like that always have something a little dark about them. Lets not look at the invasion of personal space, thievery and bad hygiene.
It occurs to me I first claimed to be trying to make up for the childishness of my last post and here I am talking about Goldy locks and the three bears. Oh! the irony, once again just spinning my wheels. I've been fighting some sort of killer head/chest cold for over a month now and at the final effort of my doctors they decided to load me down with enough meds to make even a southern baptist feel loopy. Writing for me in such a state is like watching a train wreck. At the behest of my friend I attempt to write, at least once a week. Because mainly when he mentioned once a day I thought I saw the walls closing in on me. I wish I had that sort of discipline, maybe with time it will come. After hearing once a day, once a week sounded like a gracious offer so with a little grumbling and shuffling of my feet I accepted. So welcome my readers, to the weeks of mundane barista thoughts. Perhaps along the way among all the coal we will find a few diamonds.

No comments: