Friday, April 22, 2011

Fun With Poetry

Something I was asked some time ago, found itself bubbling back to the surface of my creative brain as I stared out the window on this Rainy day at a Finch perched on a pole.
The sight and the question inspired a poem that is a bit childish, however true.

Where will the birds go when it rains?
Dancing, haven't you seen the Crane?
Where will they go in the Winter Snow?
Vacation, ask the Robin he would know.
Where can they live where others cannot see?
Well, the Cardinals have decided on the trees.
One last thing, and please be kind,
Tell me, surely they do not eat worms?
Don't worry my dear, as the Blue Jay has assured me
That worms are quite free of all germs.

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dont eat any worms my dear, for they have germs i do fear =)~